CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mom... I am trapped

Kenlie loves being in her room with her door closed. She is not even three yet and whatever room she is she wants the door closed. It doesn’t matter if she is going to sleep or playing with her toys. This little girl wants her privacy already.

What’s even more annoying is the guy who did a hack job of remodeling this house before it became a rental put door knobs on all the internal doors that you have to have a key for. Of course we were never given a key.


Here is what happened today.

Kenlie… Runs in her room to play closed and locked her door

Mom… Kenlie you need to open your door right now. 1….2….3….

Kenlie … does not open her door

Mom… Kenlie you can make a good decision or you can go in time out it is up to you.

Kenlie… finally opens the door

Mom… puts Kenlie in time out and takes the doorknobs off of the door. I am thinking great at least she cannot lock herself in since time out doesn't seem to help with this. I couldn't get the center piece out but no big deal, problem solved.

Kenlie… talks to mommy and then decides she wants to listen and go back to play in her room. So she goes and closes her door.

Mom… tries to walk in but cant because the thing in the center is still in place. I tried using a screw driver to open it and it wouldn’t work. So I call Dustin tell him he has to come home from work and I am freaking out a little while trying to keep Kenlie from freaking out in her room.

Kenlie… Says mom I am trapped and starts to get concerned.

Mom… its okay honey Dad will be here soon so he can get you out. I am peeking in through the hole trying to get her to show me how she goes down her slide to keep her calm.

Dad…calls back and tell me to put the knob in the center thing and open it.

Mom… Thanks honey it worked.

Dad… laughing at me and tells me how to take the center thing off.


So when Dustin gets home today he will be turning the knob around so she can’t lock herself in her room anymore.

 
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

the Hess' said...

Amber this is so hilarious.. I love the pic too.. :)

Mortensen Family said...

okay, that was so stinkin cute! Thanks for posting. Congrats on the little baby boy too!!! that is just too exciting!!! You will have to let me know when your shower is, because I would love to come! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Kenli is hilarious! You gotta love girls! When are we going to go hang out?

Jamie W. said...

oops! That is funny. Love the picture.

Gustafson Family said...

Kenli is so funny.. That is such a cute story.. I can't believe how big she has gotten.