CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Way to go, KENLIE!

Well I decided its time for Kenlie to be officially sleeping in her bed every night. Monday night was the first night in a while and she did really well. Usually she will come in the middle of the night and sneak in bed with me. I slept awful because I was up every hour or so checking on her making sure she was okay. She slept through the night in her room and then woke up at 8:30AM. For me that is early but we got up and then she wanted to play. I asked her if she slept good and she said, "Yes mommy, in my bed!" It was so sweet.

So I decided I'd like to get her a special bedding set just for her to celebrate this. I glanced around on eBay and didn't like the fabrics I was seeing so Ashley and I went to JoAnn's once again. I bought some fleece fabric for her blanket and then some fabric for fitted sheet.

Kenlie picked Dora fabric and actually pointed it out to me in the store. She was saying, "Mom... Cute Dora." She is such a riot!

I am pretty impressed with myself. It took all day doing things with Kenlie and and then sewing here and there when I could. I sewed a light pink pillow case, Dora fitted sheet for her mattress, and I tied her fleece blanket.

My mom is so awesome she was my inspiration while I worked on this project. Before today I had never attempted a fitted sheet before. She is an amazing seamstress and I'd love to be able to sew like her someday. She is off having a blast in Pennsylvania right now, and I miss her and Dad so much!




3 comments:

the Hess' said...

Wow!! what a good job! She looks so happy...

The Richins Family said...

good job. i have never attempted making a sheet before. but good job, seriously!

Allison said...

Great job Amber! You are a wonderful seamstress also - don't be so hard on yourself!!! Looks like it's a keeper, Kenlie looks so happy ;)